It was super fun playing with Mike on the launch tour of “The Lion’s Share” in October. Flying to Melbourne, playing some shows, seeing Bells Beach (Yew!), a lovely homecoming gig at Avoca Picture Theatre, and a week later an absolute belter of a gig at The Vanguard in Newtown. Fun Times! I even learnt some things:
– I absolutely love playing guitar (I already knew that but anyways).
– I absolutely love playing music with good peeps.
– Mike has written a stonker of an album.
– Melbourne is ok. Avoca is better. Newtown is the best.
– I love my James Trussart Deluxe Steelcaster more than anything (other than my family and close friends).
– I’m not 21 anymore. I find myself saying things like “I’ll just have one beer so I’m in good shape tomorrow.”
– Loading gear into a car is nearly always best done by the bassplayer (unless he is drunk).
Life lessons for all there. Next we head south soon for a show near Nowra. I’m also writing now for a new release of some description in the new year. In the meantime have a look through some of the bits from the album and tour and stuff below.
Photos by the inimitable Daniel Ferris.