It was super fun playing with Mike on the launch tour of “The Lion’s Share” in October. Flying to Melbourne, playing some shows, seeing Bells Beach (Yew!), a lovely homecoming gig at Avoca Picture Theatre, and a week later an absolute belter of a gig at The Vanguard in Newtown. Fun Times! I even learnt some things:
– I absolutely love playing guitar (I already knew that but anyways).
– I absolutely love playing music with good peeps.
– Mike has written a stonker of an album.
– Melbourne is ok. Avoca is better. Newtown is the best.
– I love my James Trussart Deluxe Steelcaster more than anything (other than my family and close friends).
– I’m not 21 anymore. I find myself saying things like “I’ll just have one beer so I’m in good shape tomorrow.”
– Loading gear into a car is nearly always best done by the bassplayer (unless he is drunk).
Life lessons for all there. Next we head south soon for a show near Nowra. I’m also writing now for a new release of some description in the new year. In the meantime have a look through some of the bits from the album and tour and stuff below.
Photos by the inimitable Daniel Ferris.
3 thoughts on “The Lion’s Share Tour and Life Lessons For All”
Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite
reason seemed to be on the net the simplest thing
to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they just
don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as
defined out the whole thing without having side
effect , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
It seems the specs are about the same aside
from the display on the 4.
It’s awesome to go to see this web page and reading the views of all
mates concerning this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting experience.